TODAY’S free pick will be an MLB play as we take a look at a division match up between the Brewers and Reds.
Here’s our preview for today’s play:
Cincinnati Reds @ Milwaukee Brewers
- The Brewers and Reds send pitchers sporting opposite form guides to the mound as Gio Gonzalez and Sonny Gray prepare to do battle.
- Gonzalez has been excellent since rejoining the Brewers rotation, and is yet to give up more than two runs in a single outing. His lone appearance at Miller Park saw him give up 1 run in 5.1 innings against the Mets.
- The left-hander owns a 0.98 WHIP for the season and in his last appearance against the Reds in the back end of last season pitched 6.0 scoreless innings – giving up just 2 hits in the process.
- Cincinnati’s offence is averaging a .199 batting average on the road this year and in their last five games, they’ve recorded a .215 batting average against LHP while averaging 1.69 runs per nine innings.
- Meanwhile, Gray remains winless on the year and has wavered in his last few starts where he’s recorded a 1.60 WHIP. He’s given up 10 runs in his last 14.1 innings at the mound.
- Milwaukee are averaging 5.25 runs per game at home this season with a .258 batting average to match.
- Our projections have the Brewers winning by 3.2 runs giving us a good edge on the market.
Tip: Milwaukee Brewers -1 @ $2.06 (Top Sport)